With the maximum elevation of 4,130 meters, Annapurna Base Camp Trek is one of the most popular treks of Nepal. Trekkers from all over the world come here to do this trek, which is quite an extraordinary experience. The amazing hike to the Annapurna Base Camp incorporates a pleasing walk through varied landscapes and traditional human settlements as you see the true beauty of this Himalayan nation. You will be making a fantastic journey to the base camp of the tenth highest mountain in the world.
The Refreshing ABC Trek is a classic journey in the beautiful Annapurna region. You can enjoy all the best features and aspects of the region in a pleasant manner. The trek begins with a pleasant journey from the popular lake-side city of Pokhara. You will be enjoying the many spectacular sights of the Annapurna Mountains along with the breath-taking scenery. You can also experience the unique traditions of the people. It is really is a grand adventure blended together with natural beauty and cultural riches.
What is the Annapurna Base Camp Trek Highlights?
- You will get a chance to spend some quality time in the beautiful city of Pokhara.
- Astonishing views of the snow-capped Annapurna range including different highest mountains.
- Annapurna Base Camp at the altitude of 4130 meters.
- Majestic view of some beautiful mountains like Himchuli, Annapurna(8091 meters), , Dhaulagiri(8169 meters), Khangsar, Machhapuchhare(6993 meters) and many more.
- You will be passing through some beautiful small villages, green forests, typical Nepali Hanging bridges, fast-flowing streams and more.
- You can spend some quality time in the natural hot water pool at Jhinu Danda(small mountain) after the base camp trek.
- You will be encountering some ancient gumbas, stupas, monasteries, etc.
- You can get a chance to be familiar with the culture, tradition, and lifestyle of the Nepali.
- Rich in Biodiversity, natural flora and fauna.
How to complete Annapurna Base Camp trek in less than 7 days?
- Day 1: Drive Pokhara – Nayapul – Mokthe and Trek to Sinuwa (2,369m), 5~6 Hrs.
- Day 2: Sinuwa to Himalaya (2,900m/9,512ft), 6 hrs.
- Day 3: Himalaya to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m/13,546 ft), 5 hrs.
- Day 4: Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) to Dovan (2,600m/8,528 ft), 5 hrs.
- Day 5: Dovan to Jhinu Danda Hot Spring (1,780m/5,840 ft), 6 hrs.
- Day 6: Trek to Siwai, 2 Hrs, and Drive back to Pokhara.
NOTE: The trek itinerary can be fully customized as per your need, availability, and budget.
Short Glimpse of ABC Trek in a video
What is the Annapurna Base camp Trekking Difficulty?
The Annapurna base camp trek is a moderately difficult trek. The highest point of the trek Base camp which is at an altitude of 4130 meters for sea level. However, you must be physically fit enough to endure some long road walks on the rocky surfaces. Also, there are always chances of getting altitude sickness. But trekking with a professional guide is always recommended.
What is the best time to trek the Annapurna Base Camp?
All the seasons except the winter is favorable for hiking the ABC. January and February are the coldest months in Nepal. During this time, there will be heavy snowfall which will make the trekking very difficult and dangerous.
The best season for trekking in high altitudes in Nepal is Autumn. However, the month from March to June is the best time for hiking the Annapurna Base Camp. The months from September to November are also perfect for hiking.
What is the cost of the Trekking the Annapurna Base Camp?
The cost may vary according to the package you choose and it also depends on the travel agency you are planning your trek with. Different travel agencies have different package structures.
North Nepal Travel and Treks, We offer the ultimate Annapurna Base Camp Trek package on USD $450 which includes all the cost of the food, accommodation, permits, guides, porters and more.
Are any permits required for trekking the Annapurna Base Camp?
You will need to issue two types of permits for trekking the Annapurna Base Camp.
- TIMS: Trekkers’ Information Management System is a must-have permit for every trekker willing to hike the Annapurna region.
- ACAP: also know as Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit. This is also a required permit.
If you are planning your trek with a travel and trekking agency in Pokhara or Kathmandu. They can manage the permits before your arrival. For this, you will need to provide some documents to issue the permits.
- 4 Photos
- Insurance document
ABC trekking route map
Annapurna Base Camp Weather
During the spring season, the Annapurna Base Camp trail has warm weather with blossoming flowers and verdant trees. It offers the rhododendron forests in full bloom along with a view of the mountains unhindered by clouds. It is considered the second-best season to trek after autumn. The spring season lasts from March to May.
The summer season brings rainfalls and landslides in the trail. So, this season is also called the off-season as only a few trekkers opt to go trekking this time of the year. The paths can get muddy and slippery while clouds mostly conceal the views of the mountains. The months of June, July and mid-August have this weather.
The autumn season is considered the best season to trek in the Annapurna region. It is because this season provides some spectacular views of the mountains along with the pleasant weather. It might get somewhat chilly at night, but it’s warm during the day. Moreover, as it follows the monsoon rain, the forests and mountains look alive and clean. The autumn season begins at the end of August, September and ends in November.
The winter season brings some frigid weather with almost freezing climate in the morning and at night. Furthermore, most of the trail is covered in thick snow and becomes very difficult to tread. In some cases, the higher altitude areas remain closed not allowing trek.
How to prepare for the Annapurna Base Camp Trek?
Traveling with a reputed travel agency will make your trek a lot easier and will save a lot of time. They will manage all the required trekking equipment as well as food and accommodation., guides and porters.
However, you need to carry some of the equipment.
- A backpack
- Smartphone: Smartphones can be really handy for the purpose of navigation using navigation apps, or you can also carry a trekking map.
- Water filters or some water purifying tablets: It can save some money for your travel. You can use the spring water for drinking using the purification tablets.
- Sleeping Bag: You should definitely carry a small sleeping bag for you as the temperature at higher altitudes will be very cold and the blankets in the teahouses are not enough.
- Hiking shoes, socks, towel and stick
- Warm and Light Jackets, yoga pants
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, lip balm, and lotion, Cap, tissues, Sanitizer, and so on.
Why you should choose us as your travel companion?
We, North Nepal Travel and Treks is one of the certified and reputed travel company in Pokhara. We have been providing the best in quality travel packages to our customers. We are equipped with all the required trekking equipment, medical kits, professional guides, and handy porters.
Your health and safety will be our top priority while trekking with us. During the trek, there are always chances of bad situations like accidents, sickness at high altitudes and so on. Our trained and professional guides can handle any kind of bad situation effectively and efficiently.
Unexplained part of Annapurna Base Camp Trek
The view of the terrace farms and the farmlands are also beautiful. You’ll pass through Gurung and Magar settlements and know about their culture. Moreover, small Gumbas and Chortens along the way will evoke a sense of calmness in you. Because of the moderate altitude, you are not likely to suffer from any altitude sickness. In addition, the trekking route is also less slope and more flatlands. You’ll spend the nights in comfortable lodges, and there are sufficient numbers of well-facilitated tea houses on the way.
Hence, Annapurna Base Camp Trek is one of the most renowned trekking adventures. And that is due to the reasons mentioned above. The trek is best to do in the autumn and spring season. We provide experienced guides and also affordable price for this beautiful trek.
An Exceptional Experience
The Annapurna region is famous all over the world as one of the best trekking routes. Scenic beauty coupled with the friendliness of the villagers on the way, this trek is bound to be in your memories forever. It is not a challenging trek. As you hike on this route, you’ll go through rhododendron forests, cultural villages, lush green hills, and rocky slopes and ridges. So, Annapurna Base Camp Trek has everything for you to enjoy.
You’ll hike through the villages of Chomrong, Sinwa, Dovan, and Deurali as you explore their customs and traditions. The villagers will greet you kindly and treat you with warmth. Their hospitality also further elevates your experience.
On the way, you will also pass through Machhapuchhre Base Camp. You’ll also continuously see the panoramic views of Machhapuchhre, Nilgiri, and the Annapurna range.
Food and Accommodation during the trek
We will manage all your requirements for the food and accommodations. The accommodation will be quite simple at higher altitudes. You will be staying in the tea houses. However, you can choose to stay in any kind of hotel and guest house in Pokhara. We can also book the hotels for you as per your demand.
You can choose from a wide variety of meals during the trek which includes continental, Chinese, Indian, etc. At higher altitudes, you will be served with typical Nepali food most of the time which includes plain rice, dal, bhat, momo and more. You can choose to have some extra drinks or beverages on your own.
You decide what is best & we’ll take care of the rest
- The itinerary mentioned is a standard guideline. It can be readily modified according to your needs and requirements.
- The cost of the trek can also be changed according to your group size, needs, and time boundary.
- You can easily add additional activities to the Itinerary. You just have to let us know before confirming the trip.
- This trip can also start in the capital city of Kathmandu. You have to let us know if you want to begin there. In that case, the Itinerary will extend by a few days. Consequently, the cost will also increase.
- The addition or removal of activities will increase or decrease the cost of the trip respectively. This will be done through mutual understanding between the agency and the client(s).