A newly opened and less-discovered route, Khopra Danda Trek is also one of the hidden gems of trekking routes inside the Annapurna Conservation Area. The trek takes us on a journey of beaten tracks with some magnificent views. The views include beautiful snow-covered mountains like Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Himchuli, Machhapuchhre, Nilgiri and Lamjung Himal. Moreover, we also encounter rural villages, farmlands and rhododendron forests. We can also find some Himalayan wildlife like pheasants and yaks. It is more short, easier and more budget-friendly than other trekking packages like Annapurna Circuit trek, Mardi Himal Trekking, Annapurna Base Camp, Everest Base Camp trek and so on.
Khopra Trek Highlights
- This trek offers astonishing view of Mt. Annapurna, Mt, Dhaulagiri, Mt. Fishtail, Nilgiri, Himchuli and more.
- The sunrise view over the snow-covered mountain will definitely amaze you.
- You will be trekking through the small, beautiful villages and farmlands at Ghandruk.
- You will ascend up to the Khopra Danda ridge.
- You will be walking through the stone-paved trails, ancient monasteries, sculptures, waterfalls, Rhododendron forest.
- You will trek to the beautiful lake Khayer lake.
Khopra Danda Trekking in a video
8 Days Itinerary for trekking via the Khopra trail
- Day 1: Pokhara-Ghandruk, 5/6 hrs trek.
- Day 2: Ghandruk to Bayeli Kharka (2,590m), 4 hrs trek.
- Day 3: Bayeli Kharka to Chistibung
- Day 4: Chistibung to Khopra Ridge
- Day 5: Khopra to Khayer Lake
- Day 6: Khopra to Swanta Village (2,200m), 5 hrs.
- Day 7: Swanta village to Ghorepani (2,800m), 2/3 hrs.
- Day 8: Return to Pokhara.
More Exotic Attractions about the Khopra trek
Khayer Lake is also the destination of Khopra Danda Trek. The lake is hidden between the mountains and provides some stunning vistas of the entire Himalayan Mountains. Moreover, the lake will make you feel calm and relaxed, surrounded by mountains.
The trek also takes you to Ghorepani and Poon Hill where you’ll get one of the best sunrise and sunset views. You’ll also get to see some panoramic views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Himchuli. Khayer Lake has an elevation of 4660 meters which is moderately high while Khopra Danda and Poon Hill have an altitude of 3,640 meters and 3,210 meters, respectively.
The journey begins from Pokhara as we hike from Nayapul to Ghandruk. Ghandruk is a beautiful village of the Gurung community. From Ghandruk we trek to Tadapani which is an off-beaten trail through rhododendron forest. From there, we hike further to reach Bayeli Kharka and then to Upper Chistling. It is then an uphill climb to Khopra Ridge. The next day, we’ll have a day tour to Khayer Lake. As there is no facility of accommodation, we will return back to Khopra Danda in the evening. We then descend down to Swanta village and then to Ghorepani. From Ghorepani, we hike down to Hille and take a bus back to Pokhara.
Unique Experience at the Best Price
Overall, it is a unique, short and secluded trek that is known to few people. If you want to experience trekking through a short and less busy route, then Khopra Trek is for you. Moreover, you’ll see some stunning view of the mountains and discover the secret Khayer Lake. In addition, we provide this trekking package at an affordable price all-round the year.
Note: You can easily combine Khopra Trek to the Mohare Danda Trek. Instead of going via Ghandruk, you can follow the route of Mohare Danda Trek for the first 3 days. From there, you can descend to Swanta and then ascend to Khopra Danda.