Hotel, Lodge and Tea house/Homestay
Start / End Point
1 night 2 days
2517 m / 8260 ft
Nature of Trek
Homestay to Homestay Trek
Activity Per Day
Jeep / bus
Panchase Trek: A short and Sweet Trek From Pokhara Overview
Certainly one of the shortest and cheapest two-day trips in Pokhara, the Panchase trek is a quick and easy trek. This trek starts and ends in Pokhara. It takes us to an elevation of up to 2500m above sea level, which is quite a comfortable height. The trek offers some splendid views of mountains like Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, Ganesh, and Machhapuchhre, among others. Panchase trek also allows you to explore villages and know about the local culture and traditions. This is a family trip, as it’s easy and convenient to walk. Moreover, our experienced guides will watch over your children, should you bring them.
Close to Pokhara Valley yet Far from it
You start your trek at Kande from where you walk uphill to Panchase Bhanjyang. It takes about 5 hours of hiking to reach there.
Upon arriving, you’ll stay in a hotel and explore the village in the evening. On the next day, you’ll see the spectacular sunrise from the top, i.e. Panchase.
Panchase trek is a perfect way to explore the area surrounding Pokhara for those that are short on time or only started trekking recently. It merely takes two days to complete this trek. Furthermore, you will not miss out on superb scenery as you will be continuously greeted with beautiful views of the mountains and Pokhara valley.
Likewise, one can opt to explore the valley. The valley offers varieties of attraction sites such as Phewa Lake, Peace Pagoda, Sarangkot, etc
This is one of the easiest short treks accessible to all age groups. The highest point of the trek is Panchase hill which acts as a vacation spot for families. The enchanting view of the Annapurna range and the family-friendly environment has made it one of the most loved short treks in Nepal. The flora and fauna along the trekking trails and the beautiful breathtaking view of landscapes have added more to its charm.
This is one of the easiest short treks accessible to all age groups. The highest point of the trek is Panchase hill which acts as a vacation spot for families. The enchanting view of the Annapurna range and the family-friendly environment has made it one of the most loved short treks in Nepal.
The flora and fauna along the trekking trails and the beautiful breathtaking view of landscapes have added more to its charm.
Enjoy the Retreat at the Best Price
While the Panchase trek is an easy and shortest trek near Pokhara, most backpackers are not aware of it. So, it also facilitates hiking in privacy and without disturbance. Panchase trek costs may vary as per the agencies.
However, we provide Panchase Trek all round year and at an affordable price. We can also tailor this trip according to your needs and requirements. Moreover, you can extend this trip by combining it with other treks like the Australian camp Day Hike.
Panchase Trek: A short and Sweet Trek From Pokhara
Arrival at Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Highest Altitude 1400 m
After your arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, you will be picked up by a private vehicle and drop you off at your hotel. You can rest in your hotel room and get rid of your jet lag from your flight to Kathmandu.
In Kathmandu, you will be placed in a deluxe hotel. You will be provided with breakfast in the morning. So, rest well for we have a lot of new things to experience in the morning.
- Overnight stay at a hotel
Fly or Drive to Pokhara
Flight Hours 25 mins Highest Altitude 1400 m Trek Duration 7-8 hours
Our second day is filled with beautiful scenic views from the ride to Pokhara, we will take a tourist bus to get to Pokhara from Kathmandu. Sit back and enjoy the beautiful surrounding views of the landscapes and the mountains. We will stop on the way for lunch and reach Pokhara in around 6-7 hours. We will have dinner in Pokhara and stay at a hotel in Pokhara.
You can also take a flight to Pokhara which takes about 25 mins.
- Overnight stay at a hotel
- Included meal Breakfast
Drive to Kande and trek to Panchase Bhanjyang.
Highest Altitude 1706 m / 55600 ft Trek Duration 5-6 hrs
After having breakfast, we get on a private vehicle that will take us to Kande. It will take about one hour to reach there. From there, we begin our hike.
We trek uphill for about 5 hours to reach Panchase Bhanjyang. We then reach our hotel and relax. Later in the evening, we explore the nearby village.
- Overnight stay at Homestay
- Included meals (Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner)
Early morning, climb towards the Panchase Peak and transfer Pokhara by Bus / Jeep.
Highest Altitude 2517 m / 8260 ft Trek Duration 8 hrs
We start early as we hike for an hour to reach the top of the hill of Panchase. There, we will see a beautiful sunrise along with a stunning view of the mountains. We then hike back down to our hotel and have breakfast. Then, we start walking back to Pokhara.
However, this time, we take a different route. We hike downhill for about 5 hours to reach Ghatichhina. Here, our private vehicle will pick us up and bring us back to Pokhara.
- Overnight stay at Pokhara
- Included meals (Breakfast + Lunch)
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek.
- Most ground transportation is on a private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Professional English-speaking, Eco Trained trekking guide his meals, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine, transportation, etc.
- Porter service (4 trekkers: 1 porter).
- Sleeping Bag and Trekking sticks (to be returned after trip completion).
- All necessary paperwork
- All government and local taxes.
- Other transportation except Included in the section.
- Personal expenses (bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.).
- Additional costs or delays caused by management out of control like landscape, bad weather conditions, in case of itinerary modification with a view to a safety concern, illness, change of government policy, political instability raises strike, moment, etc.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned In including section.
PANCHASE TREK ROUTE MAP
Some Additional Informations
- The itinerary mentioned is a standard guideline. It can be readily modified according to your needs and requirements.
- The cost of the trek can also be changed according to your group size, needs, and time boundary.
- You can easily add additional activities to the Itinerary. You just have to let us know before confirming the trip.
- This trip can also start from the capital city of Kathmandu. You have to let us know if you want to begin there. In that case, the Itinerary will extend by a few days. Consequently, the cost will also increase.
- The addition or removal of activities will increase or decrease the cost of the trip respectively. This will be done through mutual understanding between the agency and the client(s).
Panchase Trek: A short and Sweet Trek From Pokhara Company Reviews
I would thoroughly recommend this trek for anyone who goes to Nepal and wants to get a flavour for the scenery. It’s especially ideal if you’re limited for time (as my partner and I were)
So on this occasion the trek was led by a friendly young man called Yagya. It became apparent to both myself and my parter Vicky that Yagya was exceedingly familiar with the localities having spent much of his childhood there. He was full of enthusiasm and keen to share his knowledge of the area, and the history.
The views were breathtaking throughout, taking us through forest areas, grasslands and a small number of villages where we stopped for food and supplies. These were frequent enough for us to have chance to stock for water, meals and snacks. The trek has clearly been well thought out.
Yagya was an excellent guide who clearly knew his way around without needing to rely on any navigation or map reading at any point. He kept us to a good pace whilst also allowing us more time to take photos on the second day as we descended. During the 2 days we were captivated by Yagya’s stories and the local religious beliefs. Yagya was also keen to hear about our take on spiritualism and this offered some brief deep yet memorable conversations on the second day.
The journey ended with a meal in a restaurant in Pokhara where the food was excellent and the perfect way to end the afternoon/evening.
Overall we can’t thank Yagya enough for the journey he took us on. A real memorable experience.
Apr 2019 • Couples